Friend of the Farm
Do you have your Belle Meadow “friend of the farm” CSA card yet? Now is the time of year us farmers are investing heavily in our operations. The end result our customers are usually familiar with: a big, ripe, and unusually sweet heirloom tomato, okra the size of your little finger, a sunflower larger than your head, are all a months-long investment. Here at Belle Meadow we have always been, and will continue to be, a “markets focused” farm, meaning we focus on bringing our absolute best to farmers markets every week, versus having the majority of our “first cut” produce being allocated to a traditional CSA subscription program.
“CSA” stands for “community supported agriculture”. To some, this suggests a one-size fits all approach to a farm box subscription plan. In reality, a “CSA” can come in many shapes and forms, including a reloadable gift card.
By investing in a friend of the farm CSA gift card you help us by:
- Providing precious (and necessary) upfront capital for us to buy seeds, organic fertilizers and amendments, and other various initial season costs
- You allow us to pay for other necessary costs such as insurance and labor during a part of the year that is traditionally “leaner” than the summer months
- Your investment, no matter the size, is a literal endorsement of our farm and mission. Laurie Beth and I have worked tirelessly over to ensure that we can bring our customers the best, healthiest, freshest, and most sustainably grow produce we possibly can on a week in and week out basis
By investing in a friend of the farm CSA card YOU get the following benefits:
- The convenience of always having “cash on hand” for our stand. Save your actual dollars for other vendors, and know that you can simply use your gift card with us.
- By going the “egift” card route, you don’t even need to carry anything physically with you, we will have all the necessary information on hand to deduct your purchase from your farm card balance.
- The card never expires, your cash will be good for years.
- You’ll never feel like your “wasting” your CSA investment. It is there for you to use on your terms, you simply need to show up to a farmers market to use it.
- Strict CSA subscriptions and unnecessary waste tend to go hand in hand. Our friend of the farm card steps around that problem and puts the decision making process in your hands. Only feel like shopping with us when we have tomatoes? Or when salad is in? Going out of town for a month in the summer and don’t want to waste those four weeks-worth of CSA investment? The friend of the farm card might be for you.
- They make great gifts to friends and family. By keeping the program flexible you can encourage folks who are new to the local food scene to shop at their local farmers market that we sell at.
Friend of the farm cards are reloadable, have no expiration date, come both in physical (plastic card) or digital form, and will be redeemable at any market that we sell at. At this point we sell at the Tuscaloosa River Market on Saturdays (7 to noon year-round) and will begin selling at Pepper Place on Saturdays (7 to noon) in March through December. Tuesdays (3 to 6pm) at the Tuscaloosa River Market will begin in April and run through September.
“Egift” cards can be issued completely online.
The information regarding your investment in our farm will be stored on our Square account, and we will have immediate access to it as soon as the purchase is made. Simply tell us your name or email address at market so we can look it up.
If you prefer a physical gift card, the purchase will need to be made in-person, at a farmers market. Physical gift cards are used just like regular credit cards, but they are only good at our stand. Either choice is fine by us, just let us know what you’d prefer! We will always have cards on hand at markets to load up on demand.
Follow this link to purchase: https://squareup.com/gift/DJ8TY3RPCK81K/order
Thanks SO MUCH for you support!
Andrew & Laurie Beth Kesterson